[asterisk-users] AGI variables being wrong

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Mar 29 10:10:36 CDT 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Mikhail Lischuk wrote:

> I have the following line in features.conf:
> parse => *9,peer/both,AGI,/etc/asterisk/agi/map.pl

I've never invoked an AGI from 'features,' but I'll assume it's 'the same'
as executing an AGI from the dialplan.

> During outgoing call, those variables get messed up.

> Is that some bug, or misconfiguration, or maybe wrong programming?

Usual 'fails' in AGIs are:

1) Not using an established AGI library. While the AGI protocol is simple,
nobody gets it right the first time.

2) Forgetting that your AGI's STDIN and STDOUT 'belong' to Asterisk and
printing a debugging message or something similar.

3) Not reading the AGI environment from STDIN before requesting an AGI
command.

--
Thanks in advance,