[asterisk-users] AGI variables being wrong

Mikhail Lischuk mlischuk at itx.com.ua
Thu Mar 29 09:33:09 CDT 2012

Greetings!

I have the following line in features.conf:
parse =>
*9,peer/both,AGI,/etc/asterisk/agi/map.pl

What that script does is
parsing AGI variables and doing some things based on them, nothing
special.

During outgoing call, those variables get messed up. Let's
look at an example: number 404 calls 2010000, it is being routed over
PRI line. When 'agi debug' is active, one can see what parameters are
being fed to script:

AGI Tx >> agi_request:
/etc/asterisk/agi/map.pl
AGI Tx >> agi_channel: Zap/63-1
AGI Tx >>
agi_language: en
AGI Tx >> agi_type: Zap
AGI Tx >> agi_uniqueid:
1322049810.4307
AGI Tx >> agi_callerid: 0442010000
AGI Tx >>
agi_calleridname: unknown
AGI Tx >> agi_callingpres: 3
AGI Tx >>
agi_callingani2: 0
AGI Tx >> agi_callington: 0
AGI Tx >> agi_callingtns:
0
AGI Tx >> agi_dnid: 481
AGI Tx >> agi_rdnis: unknown
AGI Tx >>
agi_context: from_pstn
AGI Tx >> agi_extension:
AGI Tx >> agi_priority:
1
AGI Tx >> agi_enhanced: 0.0
AGI Tx >> agi_accountcode:

Looking at the
callerid and dnid being swapped, one can say that for some reason
Asterisk sees this call as incoming from PRI (context kind of approves
this). I gave it lots of thinking, and the only conclusion I could come
to was - it's because I run my application on 'peer'. But it's not a
problem, as I could just swap them back in my script. The problem is, as
you can see, our dnid is 481, however we are calling from 404. And
moreover - each time I try to call, I get different dnid, like 401, 408
and so on. I thought that it could be last called number on PRI - but it
is not.
If the call is really incoming (comes from PSTN) - all variables
get passed correctly, and my script is happy. When I issue 'show
channel' command during active call, I see that variables are incorrect
in Asterisk on A-leg (i.e. SIP/404-someid), and variables are correct on
B-leg (i.e. ZAP/63-1 in our example).

Is that some bug, or
misconfiguration, or maybe wrong programming?

--
With Best
Regards