[asterisk-users] Rate sheet "normalization"

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Mar 28 13:43:13 CDT 2012

I sympathise, as a fellow "American" developer.  However, it is rather childlike wishful thinking to purport to stop by force of law that natural motion of capital which is certifiably unstoppable.

Global economic integration and interdependence ("globalisation") has its pluses and minuses for everyone.  To partake of the benefits of modernity, you have to pay to play.  You can't have the good without the bad.  Developing nations have every bit as many gripes with it as you do. While you complain that jobs are being taken away from American developers and there is downward wage pressure, the developing world complains of their macroeconomic health being subjugated to the whims of some distant investors in faraway lands, there self-sufficiency destroyed by supposedly organic "competitive advantage", IMF-sponsored liberalisation and austerity measures that hurt the people and increase concentration of wealth into few hands, expropriation of land and resources into the hands of foreign conglomerates, etc.  It is what it is.

Regardless, there is no going back.  It's like trying to put the milk back into the cow.  All you can do is make yourself competitive in global terms.  There is still much that you can do that cannot be usefully offshored.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC