[asterisk-users] Routing premature media to the calling channel

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 03:56:16 CDT 2012

Hello,
I have a problem with premature media and inband progress audio. I am using
the latest 1.8.10.1 and this is the setup:

soft phone --- asterisk --- SIP provider

The number I call is giving back some hints via inband audio I am not able
to ear from the soft phone. They stop on the asterisk and are not routed
down the path to the sip phone.

The SIP part is simple:

soft phone -> asterisk: INVITE

asterisk -> soft phone: TRYING

asterisk -> provider: INVITE

asterisk -> soft phone: 180 RINGING

provider -> asterisk: 183 SESSION PROGRESS

provider -> asterisk: AUDIO

Unfortunately the AUDIO received from the provider by the asterisk box is
not sent to the soft phone.

I think I have tried every combination of progressinband and
prematuremedia, without success.

How can I made the audio received from the provider to the asterisk be
transmitted to the soft phone?

Thank you

Leandro