[asterisk-users] Freepbx and Http proxies

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 23 03:35:19 CDT 2012

2012/3/22, John Knight <john at classiccitytelco.com>:
> I've tried this in the past and while FreePBX and its base modules work
> fine in an http proxy environment, some  applications like fop2 fail to
> connect properly as they obviously rely on direct connections via ajax
> using the browser as a client.
>
> That said, I've never tested the end point manager in this capacity.
> The error seems to indicate the module doesn't have connectivity when
> trying to access something on the internet or it's getting a 404 or
> something.

With tcpdump I compared a working (without proxy) and a non-working
(with a proxy) Freepbx installations.
In the working one, I can see freepbx and mirror.freepbx.org
exchanging SYN and ACK packets before the first HTTP GET
/provisioning/v2.5/master.xml.

In the non-working one,  I can see freepbx sending a SYN packet to
mirror.freepbx.org and obviously waiting for an answer that do not
come.

So to me, the End Point Manager module do not care about any of my
proxy settings (in /etc/profile, /etc/apache2/envvars and
/etc/wgetrc).
I took a quick look at source source but could not find anything relevant.

> Are you able to update and install freepbx modules in a similar manner
> from the same freepbx installation while it's running behind the proxy?
yes
> That should tell you whether or not your problem is stemming from
> general connectivity issues and not just the end point module in that
> regard.    Always helps to rule stuff out.

I think there is a specific issue within this module.