[asterisk-users] Problem installing asterisk 10.1.3 on SUSE

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 22 12:38:25 CDT 2012

On 22-03-12 17:26, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Confusion?  I'm looking at the Asterisk Release download directory and only
> see asterisk-10.1.3.tar.gz, not asterisk-10.1.3-32.tar.gz and
> asterisk-10.1.3.64.tar.gz.  is this a configuration or make option?   As for
> the "pox on sqlite3",  I have had varying degrees of misery with this - on
> one install I had to resort to deleting the astdb table using bash in
> safe_asterisk because asterisk crashed every time it tried to do "create if
> not exists table astdb...".

Heh confusion indeed. I meant that the sources are architecture
independent (assuming they can be compiled on e.g. 32bit and 64bit
platforms) and that the resulting binaries are obviously different and
tied to the platform they are built for.

I haven't seen your compilation error before so can be of little help.
Perhaps check if that library is not corrupt (reinstall to make sure).
If nothing else, why not rm -rf the asterisk source tree and start from
scratch. Sometimes things get in an odd state and whenever I see
something unexplainable that that's what I usually do. If compilation
keeps failing in different places without any apparent reason then maybe
it's time to get out the rescue cd and run memtest86+, check hardware etc.

Regards,
Patrick