[asterisk-users] DAHDI_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: No such device or address (6)

RaMaier at gmx.de RaMaier at gmx.de
Wed Mar 14 06:04:48 CDT 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:40:27 +0200
> Von: Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> An: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> Betreff: Re: [asterisk-users] DAHDI_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: No such device or address (6)

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 05:10:14PM +0100, RaMaier at gmx.de wrote:
> >
> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > > Datum: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:26:43 +0200
> > > Von: Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> > > An: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> > > Betreff: Re: [asterisk-users] DAHDI_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: No
> such device or address (6)

> 01)
> 02)
> > >
> > > kb1? Why not mg2 (or OSLEC or whatever)?
> >
> > OSLEC ist planned in the future. I fist have to find where to get the
> sources and howto compile / load them. Hints appreciated.
> > First wanted to get basics running.

> none)
> > > (Slaves: 03)

> > > What's the output of lsdahdi ?
> >
> > lsdahdi returns nothing, while
> > lspci
> > 00:0d.0 Network controller: Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN network
> controller [HFC-PCI] (rev 02
> >
> > and
> > dahdi_hardware
> > pci:0000:00:0d.0     zaphfc-      1397:2bd0 HFC-S ISDN BRI card
> >
> > I would have expected dahdi_hardware would be closer related to all
> dahdi commands.
>
> '-' means that no module is actually loaded. Do you have zaphfc ?
>
> If so: try: modprobe zaphfc

> they
> > > did not compile.

> with
> > > a HFC-S card.
> > >
> > > https://gitorious.org/dahdi-extra/dahdi-linux-extra
> > >
> > > Well, mainly useful for producing patches and such).
> >
> > Thanks, but here I don't have any experience how / where to attach these
> patches. Where can I find more info about it ?

> as
> > > modules.
> > >
> > > http://updates.xorcom.com/pkg-voip/ has some Squeeze backports. Though
> > > they're not kept up-to-date all the time. They include zaphfc.
> >
> > Same here,  I don't have any experience how / where to attach these
> patches. Where can I find more info about it ?
>
> The -source is already patched. There is actually one big patch there
> (with the external drivers) and as it mentions - it is taken from the
> git repo I mentioned.

> > > compiled them, but same happened with aptitude install dahdi on older
> kernel.
> samples

> > > You should probably blacklist hfcpci.
> > >
> > > echo 'blacklist hfcpci' >>/etc/modprobe.d/WHATEVER.conf
> > >

> > Removed and blacklisted with echo 'blacklist hfcpci'
> >>/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
> > Already blacklisted for unknown reasons:
> > blacklist hfcmulti
> > blacklist hfc4s8s_l1
> > blacklist wcb4xxp
> > Don't I need all /one of these modules ?
>
> Those three are for a different card, so they are irrelevant (harmless,
> [...]

I blacklisted hfcpci and rebooted.
Now dahdi_hardware
pci:0000:00:0d.0     zaphfc+      1397:2bd0 HFC-S ISDN BRI card
shows that zaphfc is loaded.
Also  lsdahdi
### Span  1: ZTHFC1 "HFC-S PCI A ISDN card 0 [TE] " (MASTER) AMI/CCS
  1 BRI        Clear       (In use) (SWEC: OSLEC)
  2 BRI        Clear       (In use) (SWEC: OSLEC)
  3 BRI        Hardware-assisted HDLC
shows output and
dahdi_cfg -vvvv
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.2.1.1

DAHDI Version: 2.3.0.1
Echo Canceller(s): MG2, OSLEC
Configuration
======================

SPAN 1: CCS/ AMI Build-out: 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

Channel map:

Channel 01: Clear channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: oslec) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: Clear channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: oslec) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: Hardware assisted D-channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: none) (Slaves: 03)

3 channels to configure.

Setting echocan for channel 1 to oslec
Setting echocan for channel 2 to oslec
Setting echocan for channel 3 to none