[asterisk-users] Capacity of single instance of Asterisk

Amit Patkar | Avhan Technologies Pvt Ltd amit at avhan.com
Tue Mar 13 09:43:55 CDT 2012

Hi Kevin,

Thank for your views. Where as no one is ready to share real numbers. I am
looking at benchmarks so that I can plan for resources.
Since asterisk project is active for so many years, I was expecting some
published numbers.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Patkar

On 03/12/2012 03:38 PM, Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2012, Amit Patkar wrote:

>> What will be impact on no of session when G729a is used?

Assuming that transcoding is involved; if all the system is doing is
passing through G.729A media streams, and recording them in unmixed
G.729A format, there's no additional impact (the system might actually
perform slightly better, as there is substantially less data being
shuffled around).

--
Kevin P. Fleming