[asterisk-users] Multi-record SRV records

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Mon Mar 12 08:48:54 CDT 2012

Have you tried permit/deny on the peer?

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Guy Gold
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 9:45 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Multi-record SRV records

On Mon,Mar 12 01:33:PM, Asgaroth wrote:

> Are you saying that the above scenario is working for you for incoming
> calls?

Greetings,

That will depend on my SIP providers, I'm not sure if they swap their IP's indeed,and send calls down my way with alternating IP's, perhaps they're "smart" enough to only send calls down my way with the same IP that was bound with the registration request to begin with. (This is a shot in the dark, I might be saying nonsense).
One of my providers, while troubleshooting an issue for inbound calls, offered me to use an IP rather then SRV to register - because "Asterisk is bad with using SRV's" , but the issues turned out to be diffrent.
I'm sorry I cannot shed much light on this one without monitoring my PBX's peers at this moment.

Guy Gold