[asterisk-users] Multi-record SRV records

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:33:30 CDT 2012

Hi,

> I can report, at least from my side, on not having issue with SRV
> records, with Multiple SIP
> providers. Did not have issues at least with the 1.8 branch. Are you
> PBX's doing SRV lookups  ?

Yes, I do have the srv_lookup parameter set to "yes".

What appears to be happening is that when the are 2+ definitions in the
SRV record then asterisk will only use one of those IP addresses for the
peer definition. So when a call comes in from the other IP address, then
it does not match the peer. For example:

[a] SRV domain "example.com" provides 2 addresses for it's proxies,
10.10.0.1 and 10.10.0.2
[b] My host= line for my peer definition is defined as
"host=example.com" for peer [example]
[c] When I start asterisk, or perform a sip reload, the "sip show peers"
command only has one of 10.10.0.1 or 10.10.0.2 as the address defined
for this peer.
[d] When the peer has IP 10.10.0.1 as the peer address then incoming
calls from provider address 10.10.0.2 fail and 10.10.0.1 are successful.
[e] When the peer has IP 10.10.0.2 as the peer address then incoming
calls from provider address 10.10.0.1 fail and 10.10.0.2 are successful.

Registration and outbound calls are working as expected.

Are you saying that the above scenario is working for you for incoming
calls?