[asterisk-users] Difference between busy / unavailable greetings in an environment with call waiting

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Mar 2 10:51:50 CST 2012

All you have to do to disable the busy message is to comment out the section
in app_voicemail.c where it records the busy message.
In 1.4.39.1 it is at line 7153

        /* If forcegreetings is set, have the user record their greetings */
        if (ast_test_flag(vmu, VM_FORCEGREET)) {
                snprintf(prefile,sizeof(prefile), "%s%s/%s/unavail",
VM_SPOOL_DIR, vmu->context, vms->username);
                if (ast_fileexists(prefile, NULL, NULL) < 1) {
                        cmd = play_record_review(chan, "vm-rec-unv",
prefile, maxgreet, fmtc, 0, vmu, &duration, NULL, record_gain, vms);
                        if (cmd < 0 || cmd == 't' || cmd == '#')
                                return cmd;
                }

/*                snprintf(prefile,sizeof(prefile), "%s%s/%s/busy",
VM_SPOOL_DIR, vmu->context, vms->username);
                if (ast_fileexists(prefile, NULL, NULL) < 1) {
                        cmd = play_record_review(chan, "vm-rec-busy",
prefile, maxgreet, fmtc, 0, vmu, &duration, NULL, record_gain, vms);
                        if (cmd < 0 || cmd == 't' || cmd == '#')
                                return cmd;
                } */
        }