[asterisk-users] Digium IP Phones D40

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Mon Jun 25 11:31:39 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> We have the ringer volume issue with some customer environments as
> well. We use Grandstream phones in a lot of installs so we just
> upload a custom ringtone with the db pushed up on it a bit.
> We are testing the Digium phones and have concerns if we will be able
> to use them for the high noise env customers. Polycom phones do have
> the same ring volume issue for these customers.
> No issues in general office env.

For everyone complaining about the Polycom's lack of volume, are you simply hitting the volume buttons, or are you also aware of the myriad of adjustments available in the Polycom XML provisioning configs? We have a local educational customer that experienced volume problems with Polycom due to noisy classroom environments, and with a few tweaks to volume and gain in the XML configs pushed via TFTP, the phones were "ear-splittingly" loud, both ringers and handset.

--Tim