[asterisk-users] IAX Trunk issue.

Dale Noll dnoll at wi.rr.com
Mon Jun 25 05:44:37 CDT 2012

On 06/24/2012 07:53 PM, Mitchell Johnson wrote:
> I'm testing a few IAX trunk scenarios in a controlled lab.  From server2 extension 5000 (Server IP Address 172.16.200.212) I dial 6001 which goes across the IAX trunk to server 1 (IP address 172.16.200.210).  Instead of ringing the 6001 phone, it plays tt-weasels (the s extension).  When I dial 6099 it also plays tt-weasels as it's supposed to, but it's not the tt-weasels under its extension.  It also dials the s extension.
>
> I only placed the s extension in the dial plan to verify that the traffic was going across the IAX trunk and hitting the correct context.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks Mitch
>

> [phones]
> exten =>  _60XX,1,Dial(IAX2/trunk-1)
> exten =>  _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/trunk-1)
> exten =>  5000,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
> exten =>  5000,n,Hangup
> same =>  n,Hangup()
> exten =>  5099,1,Playback(tt-monkeys)
> exten =>  5099,n,HangUp
You are not telling asterisk-1 where you want the call to go, so it is going to 's'.

Try adding the extension to the Dial() command on asterisk-2.  Change

Dial(IAX2/trunk-1)

Dial(IAX2/trunk-1/${EXTEN})

Note:  It appears that you are doing it correctly from asterisk-1
towards asterisk-2

exten =>  _5XXX,1,Dial(${IAXTrunk}/${EXTEN})

Assuming, of course, that the variable IAXTrunk is properly set.

Dale

--
"The truth speaks for itself. I'm just the messenger."
      Lyta Alexander - Babylon 5