[asterisk-users] IAX Trunk issue.

Mitchell Johnson mitch.johnson7 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 19:53:47 CDT 2012

I'm testing a few IAX trunk scenarios in a controlled lab.  From server2 extension 5000 (Server IP Address 172.16.200.212) I dial 6001 which goes across the IAX trunk to server 1 (IP address 172.16.200.210).  Instead of ringing the 6001 phone, it plays tt-weasels (the s extension).  When I dial 6099 it also plays tt-weasels as it's supposed to, but it's not the tt-weasels under its extension.  It also dials the s extension.

I only placed the s extension in the dial plan to verify that the traffic was going across the IAX trunk and hitting the correct context.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mitch

Asterisk-1

IP Address 172.16.200.210

SIP.CONF

[6001]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=internal_users
secret=xxxxxxx
nat=yes

[6002]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=internal_users
secret=xxxxxxx
nat=yes

extensions.conf

[internal_users]
exten => 6000,1,Answer()
exten => 6000,2,Playback(hello-world)
exten => 6000,3,Hangup()
exten => 6001,1,Dial(SIP/6001)
exten => 6002,1,Dial(SIP/6002)
exten => 6099,1,Playback(tt-weasels)
exten => 6099,n,HangUp
exten => _5XXX,1,Dial(${IAXTrunk}/${EXTEN})
same => n,Hangup()
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,Playback(tt-weasels)
exten => s,n,Hangup()