[asterisk-users] Asterisk 10/1.6.1 and Dahdi/Libpri compatilities in BRI /PtmP

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 22 03:09:29 CDT 2012

2012/6/21, Richard Mudgett <rmudgett at digium.com>:
>> My previous message was incomplete.
>>

>> On thing to note is I had to forbid hfcmulti in modprobe.d in the
>> second box to comply with a warning from dahdi. Without that, I could
>> see this line in the output of lsmod:
>> mISDN-core  hfcmulti
>>

>> 1. What is the root cause that makes a board change its sync source ?
>> How can I check this ?
>
> I would think layer 1 going down.
I'm aware of this energy save mode.
What surprises me a bit is the frequency with which this happens: a
rough estimee is 60s or less before the line going down.

Is there a practical way to double check that ? Using pri debug ?
"core set debug" ?

>  Many European telcos for BRI PTMP lines
> drop layer 2 and then layer 1 to conserve power.
>
> Is the switching of clock sources causing a problem?

Fortunately, beside having the log files cluttered with Alarm
messages, the system is working ok.

>> 2.  How can I get rid of these alarms ?
>
> See the chan_dahdi.conf.sample file about the following options.
>
> You could use the layer1_presence option to make Asterisk ignore those
> alarms.

This is the option I will try.
I'll report my findings here.

> You could use the layer2_persistence option to keep layer 2 up.  To use
> this option however, requires using libpri SVN 1.4 branch code as current
> released versions do not support the option.
I was aware of this improvement and I can't wait to see it published.

>  Using the layer2_persistence
> option restores behavior that was removed for better Q.921 conformance for
> PTMP after libpri v1.4.10.2 and is why you are seeing a behavior difference
> between versions.

So, in a way, a better confiormance to Q.921 introduced the
requirement to "explicitely ignore Layer1 status changes (in
BRI/TE/PtmP) in chan_dahdi.conf".

Though these layer1 and layer2 settings belongs to Asterisk's
chan_dahdi.conf file, maybe an UPGRADE.txt file inside libpri
directory would be useful to let sysadmins access to this information.

What about adding an UPGRADE.txt in libpri ?