[asterisk-users] GoogleVoice woes

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Wed Jun 20 15:04:18 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Chris Gentle <gentlec at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com>wrote:
>
>> As you said, GV and asterisk integration is unstable at best.  I haven't
>> worked with it in a while, to be honest.  But, with all that being said,
>> I'm not opposed to popping my GV test box back online and helping to
>> troubleshoot.  Why don't you start by giving us the contents of the
>> gtalk.conf and jabber.conf files, the incoming dialplan snippet from
>> extensions.conf for the google voice calls, and the CLI output with
>> verbosity set to at least 6 of both a successful incoming call and a failed
>> incoming call.  There's a debug option of jabber also, if you can have that
>> enabled when you make the calls, that would be very helpful as well.
>>

> For the number that is not working there is no jabber debug output and
> nothing shows up on the console.  That leads me to believe that Google
> isn't sending the call to my box at all.

I remember seeing this when I had my gmail web client open - the call would
try to ring in the web client instead of the asterisk box.  It was
difficult to tell this was the case, because I never really noticed the
ring on the web interface until a few hours into debugging the issue.
However, closing the web app made it ring into the asterisk box.  I'm
assuming you don't have the web client open on a computer somewhere when
you attempt this?  Might be something to check out.

> Here's my gtalk:
>
> [general]
> context=incoming
> allowguest=yes
> bindaddr=0.0.0.0
>
> [guest]
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> context=from-googlevoice
> connection=tcg-asterisk

Looks pretty similar to my notes on what I had for my own setup, I'll need
to find the config I used on the old box to confirm.

> And my jabber.conf:
>
> [general]
> autoregister=yes
>
> [tcg-asterisk]
> type=client
> serverhost=talk.google.com
> username=my_username at gmail.com/Talk
> secret=deleted
> port=5222
> usetls=yes
> usesasl=yes
> statusmessage="Connected via Asterisk"
> timeout=100
>
> [seg-asterisk]
> type=client
> serverhost=talk.google.com
> username=my_wifes_username at gmail.com/Talk
> secret=deleted
> port=5222
> usetls=yes
> usesasl=yes
> statusmessage="Connected via Asterisk"
> timeout=100

This looks pretty close to mine, the only thing I can think to do here
would be to add a "status=available" option to both user definitions, and
also maybe add a buddy= option, and add the name / email of another gmail
user account that you can open in the actual gtalk client.  This will let
you see if these definitions are even coming online at all?

If none of this helps, let me know and I'll find my old GV box and set it
up again.

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP