[asterisk-users] GoogleVoice woes

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Wed Jun 20 12:14:47 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Chris Gentle <gentlec at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two GV numbers.  Both are configured to send calls to my Asterisk
> 1.8.13.0 box using the Google chat interface.  At one time I had both
> working with Asterisk.  Now, for whatever reason, one of them has stopped
> sending incoming calls to my asterisk box and instead just rolls to GV
> voicemail.  The other number continues to work fine.  One is associated
> with my wife's google account and the other is mine.  I've compared our
> account settings in Google and can't find any differences.  Running "jabber
> show connections" shows connections to each account.  I know about all the
> instabilities with GV and Asterisk but if one number works the other one
> should too.  I'm sure this is something simple, probably a Google account
> setting that I can't find.  Can anyone think of something else I might
> could check?

As you said, GV and asterisk integration is unstable at best.  I haven't
worked with it in a while, to be honest.  But, with all that being said,
I'm not opposed to popping my GV test box back online and helping to
troubleshoot.  Why don't you start by giving us the contents of the
gtalk.conf and jabber.conf files, the incoming dialplan snippet from
extensions.conf for the google voice calls, and the CLI output with
verbosity set to at least 6 of both a successful incoming call and a failed
incoming call.  There's a debug option of jabber also, if you can have that
enabled when you make the calls, that would be very helpful as well.

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP