[asterisk-users] Help choosing the right card

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Sat Jun 16 17:38:07 CDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 04:37:06PM -0500, Vladimir Mikhelson wrote:

> On top of that  FXO channels exhibit intermittent problems with incoming
> caller ID, FXS -- with DTMF detection.  These two problems manifest
> themselves with both Digium and generic cards.  It looks like it is just
> a deficiency in the current DAHDI implementation.

Why do you believe it is a deficiency in DAHDI? The only issue that
I know of related to DTMF detection is DAHLIN-241 [1], which you
and I are currently trying to definitely establish is related to the
time it takes to page Asterisk pages back into memory, which isn't
really a DAHDI issue.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/DAHLIN-241

Also, the only recent CID issue I'm aware of which was related to
DAHDI was introduced in 2.6.0 and fixed in 2.6.1 [2].  This issue
was that the ring event was reported late to Asterisk, so Asterisk
would bump the gains in the middle of the spill. If the line quality
was marginal the callerid would be missed.

[2] http://svnview.digium.com/svn/dahdi?view=revision&revision=10473

Are there other issues with CID detection that you are currently
having? Generally CID issues aren't necesarily DAHDI related since
generation and detection is done in Asterisk and not DAHDI, like
DTMF detection (DTMF generation can be done in DAHDI...).

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Ruffell