[asterisk-users] Which Digium cards to select: AEX with EF or E or P or B?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jun 11 14:56:30 CDT 2012

On 06/11/2012 01:48 PM, bilal ghayyad wrote:

> I need to order Digium card and not able to know which one is the best quality? Is it that of AEX with the end E or EF or P or B?

Digium does not produce cards of differing quality levels; we strive to
have all of our cards be produced with the best quality possible.

The various suffixes you refer to indicate whether the board is a plain
board, with modules, with an echo canceller, or some combination of all
of them.

> I saw those card that its slot is small (I think those that end by EF), are they the best card?

Each variant of a particular model is the same size. All AEX410 cards
are the same size, for example, regardless of which modules are
installed or whether an echo canceller is included. Whether a card's
size makes it the 'best' card for your application is up to you to
decide, based on the system you plan to install the card into.

> Really I am caring to have a card that has echo cancelation and the voice volume is high enough (because previously I faced the problem that the voice volume was low and I tried to resolve it without any success).

It will not matter which Digium card you choose, they will all produce
identical signal levels ('voice volume') when plugged into your
telephony circuit(s).

--
Kevin P. Fleming