[asterisk-users] unable to create channel of type 'SIP'

Jacob Fenwick jacob.fenwick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 14:34:15 CDT 2012

Can you give me some pointers on where to read documentation on how to
set up registered phones?

Also I'm wondering if maybe it would help if I tried setting up some
softphones first.

Can someone recommend some cheap softphones that work with asterisk?

Jacob

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
> You can dial out from an unregistered SIP peer, but you can't receive a call
> or call that peer.

>>> callerid=2012
>>> canreinvite=no
>>> type=friend
>>> context=sip-external
>>> allow=gsm
>>> host=dynamic
>>> dtmfmode=info
>>>
>>> [IMSI262422146099205]
>>> callerid=2013
>>> canreinvite=no
>>> type=friend
>>> context=sip-external
>>> allow=gsm
>>> host=dynamic
>>> dtmfmode=info
>>>

>>> #/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
>>> [macro-dialGSM]
>>> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/${ARG1})
>>> exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
>>> exten => s-CANCEL,1,Hangup
>>> exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Hangup
>>> exten => s-BUSY,1,Busy(30)
>>> exten => s-CONGESTION,1,Congestion(30) exten =>
>>> s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,playback(ss-noservice)