[asterisk-users] Caller ID : FSK ETSI or FSK US

Satria Anamarta anam.satria67 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 18:56:20 CDT 2012

Thanks John :)
Yes, the telco company does deliver the CLID because I pay for this service
every month and when I test it using analog phone, the caller ID displayed
on the phone perfectly. 10 out of 10 try the caller id displayed on the
analog phone.

I cant found a official information from the telco company but based on
paper released by a student I found on the net (he did a experiment on
caller id system in our country), it's FSK.

I understand that this feature is not auto detected and need to be told on
the conf file. I did post the conf file on this list few weeks ago but
still no solution so I try something else (buy a caller id converter
hardware, upgrade the dahdi to 2.6.1).

I'm from indonesia. Is there is somebody here ever working with this issue
in my country, please let me know :)

And I need to know: is it possible that echo canceller (epsecially OSLEC)
can mess the caller id detection? I'm asking this because somebody is
posting this in a forum:

--------
I just solved the problem by re-install dahdi with custom configs, it
seems like the problem is the echo canceller.
The default echo canceller oslec seems to "cancel" my caller id and
therefore, no caller id was received.
So I change echo_can oslec to echo_can mg2 in the
"etc/dadhi/genconf_parameters," restart elastix, re-detect hardware
and restart again, everything works!

If anyone from Taiwan also has the same problem, you can refer to here
--------

Thanks :)

Best regards,
Anam.