[asterisk-users] Caller ID : FSK ETSI or FSK US

Satria Anamarta anam.satria67 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 04:38:07 CDT 2012

Hello, All :)

Regarding to incoming caller ID on PSTN line, which one is best supported
by asterisk: is it FSK ETSI or FSK US?
I bought some caller ID converter hardware (convert DTMF to FSK and vice
versa) but still asterisk can not detect it.
The converter has a switch FSK ETSI or FSK US

This is what I put in /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
cidsignalling=bell
cidstart=ring

If after buying this converter hardware and upgrade to dahdi 2.6.1 still
not solve my caller id problem, I really dont know what to do and feel
hopeless :(

Thanks,
Anam.