[asterisk-users] problem with 8 port card

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jul 30 10:41:53 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 09:43:56AM -0500, Russ Meyerriecks wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 04:32:16PM +0530, akhilesh chand wrote:
> > Hi,
> > After upgrading the dahdi-Linux now I'm get failed probing type for channel
> > 1 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/dahdi/config/gen/system.pm
>
> This could be an incorrect dahdi-tools version problem.

> These are pretty general support questions. The fastest way for you to resolve
> these sort of install issues would be to contact your card's manufacturer. They
> should be able to walk you through any specific installation issues you may be
> having, very quickly.

The quickest wy to check that is to download the latest version (latest
tarball from asterisk.org and extract it, checkout from svn, whatever),
without installing it (not evet ./configure), and run:

  ./xpp/dahdi_hardware

or:

  ./xpp/lsdahdi

If the copy in the system gives you the error and the copy you
downloaded doesn't, and if it bothers you, upgrade.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com