[asterisk-users] No audio playing back voicemail from odbc

Support mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Sat Jul 28 14:38:09 CDT 2012

On Saturday 28 July 2012 9:19:32 am Matthew Jordan wrote:
> [...]

I didn't catch that!  However, when I reconfigured for filesystem storage I had
the same problem, so I'm not thinking is has anything to do with ODBC any
more.  I've loaded all of the format and codec modules and still can't get
this working.

CLI> core show translation paths slin
--- Translation paths SRC Codec "slin" sample rate 8000 ---
        slin       To g723      : No Translation Path
        slin       To gsm       : (slin)->(gsm)
        slin       To ulaw      : (slin)->(ulaw)

I'm using the ulaw audio codec and wav for storage, so this SHOULD work....

> What is your voicemail.conf configuration?  Do you have a minduration
> set?

I don't, but this configuration worked before I upgraded from 1.6.x to 10.x.  I
should have mentioned that this was part of an upgrade, but it was late, and I
was tired.

So, is there something I'm missing?

> Asterisk stores video voicemail messages as both a video file and an
> audio file.  Since the ODBC/IMAP backends only store a single file
> format, you will either end up storing only the video, or only the
> audio, which is probably not what you want.
>
> File storage is the only mechanism to have video voicemail (with audio)
> at this time.

Is there any interest in fixing this situation?  It doesn't seem like it would
be too difficult.  I wouldn't mind helping if there is an effort already
underway.

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.