[asterisk-users] IAX2 Registered OK without IP

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Tue Jul 24 15:07:57 CDT 2012

On 25/07/2012, at 7:54 AM, Alejandro Imass wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org> wrote:
>> This has come up before on the list and archives but I don't seem to
>> find a solution for this. On just a few nodes we have this situation
>> where we see the IP disappear from the CLI iax2 show peers list but
>> the status shows OK:
>>
>> 3012/3012        (Unspecified)   (D)  255.255.255.255  0             OK (89 ms)

Not sure how relevant it is but IAX can appear to be working on one links available in only one direction. If a firewall is blocking one end then one end may appear fine, and the other disconnected.

It might be a NAT issue causing the blocking where registering opens the NAT tables but they time out - this used to happen on older home firewalls

Or it could be something else quite odd
- can you confirm you have network connectivity to the end devices?
- does it happen to devices on the local lan or just via firewall

I doubt very much its the quality settings, they are just reflecting whats being seen rather than the cause of the issue. When you turn on IAX debug do you see the qualify packets and replies  (pings and pongs) in asterisk or are they missing? If so then also use tcpdump to see if you are actually getting the packets you would expect at your network card to figure out if its internal to the server or related to the network

Good luck