[asterisk-users] IAX2 Registered OK without IP

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Tue Jul 24 14:54:08 CDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Alejandro Imass <ait at p2ee.org> wrote:
> This has come up before on the list and archives but I don't seem to
> find a solution for this. On just a few nodes we have this situation
> where we see the IP disappear from the CLI iax2 show peers list but
> the status shows OK:
>
> 3012/3012        (Unspecified)   (D)  255.255.255.255  0             OK (89 ms)
>
> How can the status be OK a few milliseconds ago and have no IP ?? The
> strange thing is that the IP does show up once in a while and then
> disappears once again but the OK is always there.
>
> Asterisk 1.4.29 running on FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE

OK, so I guess nobody answered because we had an old version. Well, we
upgraded to 1.8.13.1 and we have much the same problem although after
the upgrade I don't seem to find any cases where the qualify value is
OK (xx ms) and the IP is gone (like we had in 1.4.29) but the effect
is the same: the extension becomes non-reachable pretty quickly.

IMHO this is indicating that the qualify settings are being ignored,
and the only workaround has been lowering the re-register time to
sometimes as low as 3 seconds. Even though several docs say that the
qualify values can also act as a keep alive, it's not working for us
and I still have to reduce the register time to very low values
because qualifyfreqok and qualifyfreqnotok don't see to be doing
anything...

Any clues??