[asterisk-users] Trixbox or FreePBX or Elastix or PBX In a Flash

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue Jul 10 13:50:58 CDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>wrote:

> This can be done using Digium phones; they have built-in support for
> selecting which 'user' they should be when they are reconfigured. It's
> slightly more complicated than a simple login/logout because it requires
> rebooting the phone, but it's there and it works. They even support the
> case where a user has a phone at their house, but comes into the office and
> 'steals' their extension away from the house phone; the house phone will
> then go into an automatic reconfiguration state and wait for someone tell
> it which extension it should 'be'... when the user returns home, they can
> 'steal' the extension back from the office.

Unfortunately, telling them to dump 50-some Polycom phones that still work
is a tough one.  Not impossible though.  So if I understand correctly, the
user reboots the phone when he arrives, and goes into the configure mode?
 Is it end user friendly, or complex?  I still don't have a server with the
Digium phone module on it to test.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve