[asterisk-users] sip and extensions

Shitian Long longst.cn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 04:46:23 CDT 2012

Hello,

If you would like to make out bound call (from Asterisk to SIP provider), it is fine.

But if you want have inbound call (from SIP provider to Asterisk). I think you are supposed to have something like this

sip.conf
register => 5552530146:<your_password>@sip3.voipvoip.com/5552530146

[5552530146]
context=incoming

extensions.conf

[incoming]
;first creating extensions for your local users

exten => 5552530146,1,Goto(5552530146_incomming,s,1)

[5552530146_incomming]
;more logic

wish it would help.