[asterisk-users] RFE idea for VM application

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 09:53:36 CST 2012

On Tuesday 24 January 2012, Phil Daws wrote:
> This is in version 1.8 and 10.0 from what I can see. The problem is not
> that the caller is unaware of the recipients mailbox being full, as they
> do hear the message, but it is the recipient whom may be completely
> unaware. If a more verbose warning message was written out we could at
> least alert the user to the issue. They could then perform some timely and
> necessary mailbox clean up:)

Ah, but what you have here is a classic "break glass to release hammer"
situation.  The intended recipient doesn't know that their voicemail box is
full; but, evidently from the fact that they are accruing voicemails at all,
they must, for some unspecified reason, not be contactable by telephone!

All you can do in that situation is mention in your "mailbox full" message an
alternative means of contacting the intended recipient .....

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.