[asterisk-users] Dahdi for meetme on AMD64 arch?

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Fri Jan 20 08:39:14 CST 2012

On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 15:31 +0100, Johan Wilfer wrote:

> For the next server I will research will further, and test out lxc to
> see if it can replace openvz. I found some posts to this mailinglist
> about lxc that seems to indicate that it works well, and the methods
> are quite similar to openvz.

+1 for LXC.  Has been running flawlessly for me (about a dozen instances
on a single modest machine) for about six months now, on Ubuntu (server)
11.04 - asterisk 1.4.x and FreePBX.  I have a "parent" asterisk running
on the "host" that handles call routing for the containers.
Documentation is almost nil, and some of the tools are flaky - while I
was getting the template perfected I had a few instances of "stuck"
containers in a weird state which required manual removal of files
in /cgroup.  I've often wondered if I jumped into LXC too soon, but now
that the template is stable and I'm not constantly mucking with it, it
has been maintenance-free (knock on wood).

See the archives for my posts about getting dahdi to run (for timing
conferences) in the containers.

Cheers,