[asterisk-users] Dahdi for meetme on AMD64 arch?

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Wed Jan 18 10:50:48 CST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 02:52:47PM +0100, Johan Wilfer wrote:
> 2012-01-18 11:31, John Knight skrev:
> > Hi Johan,
> >
> > I've run into a similar issue before.  I didn't resolve the problem
> > per se, but I got around it by modifying modules.conf to disable the
> >
> > noload => res_timing_timerfd.so
> > load => res_timing_dahdi.so
> >
> > Cpu load came back down and call quality has been excellent since.
> > Perhaps this might work for you?
>
> Hi!
>
> I think the timing support was included in asterisk in 1.6.1/1.6.2.
> As I run 1.4 these modules are not available at all.
>
> Do you run asterisk >1.6 and amd64?
>
> Another option would be to port my dialplan to a newer version of
> asterisk if this can resolve the issue.
>
> A workaround I've been tinking about is to try to put a spare
> Digium-card in the server just for timing, if there is something strange
> with the soft dahdi timing.

I would be interested to learn if there was any problem with soft
(coretimer) when DAHDI is running on your ne platform. I would not
expect that.

One question first though, is your new server able to keep accurate
time with nt, or is the clock drifting or experiencing heavy jitter?

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer