[asterisk-users] /etc/init.d script and calling asterisk command line.

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Jan 17 08:21:02 CST 2012

You want your program to live in /usr/local/bin.  /etc/init.d is where the
bash scripts that run programs that live elsewhere are housed.  It is not a
good practice to put executeables there.  For example, /etc/init.d/asterisk
runs /usr/sbin/safe-asterisk.  The scenario I typically use is that
/etc/init.d/foo runs /usr/local/bin/bar and puts its' output in
/var/log/foobar.