[asterisk-users] /etc/init.d script and calling asterisk command line.

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Tue Jan 17 08:11:49 CST 2012

I have written a program that monitors asterisk to make sure my peers and
channels are all in good order. The program calls asterisk once a min and
then parses the output.  The program works fine when launched from the
command line. I then wrote a script to launch the program with the hope of
launching it on boot up from /etc/init.d. When I log into a terminal
session and run the script I am able to start/stop/status on the program
and all is good. When I copy the same script to the /etc/init.d folder and
run it the program fails to be able to access the asterisk bin.

In all three cases I am logged in as root. The script is owned by root and
all it's permissions set.   Anyone have any idea why running my startup
script from the /etc/init.d folder would act differently?

I am running asterisk 1.8.x, On opensuse 11.x. The startup script is
launching a mono application.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bryant