[asterisk-users] Real T1 trunk group...

Dale Noll dnoll at wi.rr.com
Tue Jan 17 05:59:12 CST 2012

On 01/17/2012 05:16 AM, Louis Carreiro wrote:
> Well... It worked! I would have wrote back sooner but I got swamped
> with trying to move a business department to the new facility.

Great!  Glad to hear it is working for you :)
> I think my problem was that I fat fingered (actually, overlooked) the
> trunk group. The d channels should have been 48 and 72 because I was
> using span 2 and 3. I kept putting in 24 for the primary d channel.

Been there, done that.  One of my greatest talents if fat fingering.
> I'm going to have to find a window now so I can break it and put it
> back together again to verify. I made a change in chan_dahdi.conf on
> the group value for the spans too. I'm pretty sure that group value is
> for outbound calling though, right? Shouldn't have impacted the trunk
> group.
I believe that you a correct.  The group is used by Dial().  I do not
believe it has impact on inbound, that is the context setting.
> One last thing, the Verizon tech also mentioned that they are using
> "Most/Least idle" for call distribution, is there a way for * to do
> this too or should it not matter? I'm thinking italy not since both
> sides are keeping track of the in use channels so they shouldn't send
> a call down a channel that's busy and have a call "collide".
As far as I know (I have not looked at the source), the options for
outbound channel selection are:
g - Hunt from low to high
G - Hunt from high to low
r - Round Robin Ascending
R - Round Robin Descending

In theory, it should not be a significant problem, but I suspect it may
cause some issues if your system is heavily loaded as both you and
Verison my attempt to initiate a call on the same channel, that is why
typically the one end hunts low to high and the other hunts high to
low.  It will not eliminate collision, but it tends to reduce it.  I am
not sure what happens when a collision occurs.
> Thanks again Dale!
No problem. Glad to help.  And it makes me feel better about my config.

Dale

--
"The truth speaks for itself. I'm just the messenger."
      Lyta Alexander - Babylon 5