[asterisk-users] Real T1 trunk group...

Louis Carreiro carreirolt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 05:16:03 CST 2012

Well... It worked! I would have wrote back sooner but I got swamped
with trying to move a business department to the new facility.

I think my problem was that I fat fingered (actually, overlooked) the
trunk group. The d channels should have been 48 and 72 because I was
using span 2 and 3. I kept putting in 24 for the primary d channel.

I'm going to have to find a window now so I can break it and put it
back together again to verify. I made a change in chan_dahdi.conf on
the group value for the spans too. I'm pretty sure that group value is
for outbound calling though, right? Shouldn't have impacted the trunk
group.

One last thing, the Verizon tech also mentioned that they are using
"Most/Least idle" for call distribution, is there a way for * to do
this too or should it not matter? I'm thinking italy not since both
sides are keeping track of the in use channels so they shouldn't send
a call down a channel that's busy and have a call "collide".

Thanks again Dale!

V/r,
Louis