[asterisk-users] Problems with codec translation when using Monitor and MixMonitor

Daniel - Asterisk earohuanca at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:34:32 CST 2012

Yes, a 'call' refers to two channels bridged.

Jim, please help me to undertand the numbers. I have two g729 licenses, my
SIP provider uses only g729 and my softphones support g729 too,
asterisk.conf is set in its default value (sln).

When a call (2 channels) is being made and succesfully recorded with
MixMonitor (wav49 format), I see at CLI:

testpbx*CLI> sip show channels
Peer             User/ANR         Call ID
Format           Hold     Last Message    Expiry     Peer
A.B.C.D     987654321        63ffff9237c5976      0x100 (g729)     No
Tx: ACK                    sip-provider1
W.X.Y.Z     elder                 4e4adc85-b2e21c    0x100 (g729)
No       Rx: ACK                    elder

testpbx*CLI> g729 show licenses
0/2 encoders/decoders of 2 licensed channels are currently in use
Licenses Found:
File: G729-... -- Key: G729-...-- Host-ID: ... -- Channels: 1 (Expires:
20...) (OK)
File: G729-... -- Key: G729-...-- Host-ID: ... -- Channels: 1 (Expires:
20...) (OK)
Thanks for your answers,

Elder