[asterisk-users] Problems with codec translation when using Monitor and MixMonitor

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Thu Jan 12 17:05:35 CST 2012

Here is a matrix we put together about g729 license needs:

========================     ======================     =========================     ======     =======     ========     ========
Asterisk to SIP Provider     SIP Client to Asterisk     asterisk.conf sln defined     record     monitor     encoders     decoders
========================     ======================     =========================     ======     =======     ========     ========
ulaw                         ulaw                       yes                           yes        yes            0            0
ulaw                         ulaw                       yes                           yes        no             0            0
ulaw                         ulaw                       yes                           no         no             0            0
ulaw                         ulaw                       yes                           no         yes            0            0

ulaw                         ulaw                       no                            yes        yes            0            0
ulaw                         ulaw                       no                            yes        no             0            0
ulaw                         ulaw                       no                            no         no             0            0
ulaw                         ulaw                       no                            no         yes            0            0

ulaw                         g729                       yes                           yes        yes            3            3
ulaw                         g729                       yes                           yes        no	        2            3
ulaw                         g729                       yes                           no         no             1            1
ulaw                         g729                       yes                           no         yes            3            3

ulaw                         g729                       no                            yes        yes            3            3
ulaw                         g729                       no                            yes        no             2            3
ulaw                         g729                       no                            no         no             1            1
ulaw                         g729                       no                            no         yes            3            3

g729                         ulaw                       yes                           yes        yes            2            5
g729                         ulaw                       yes                           yes        no             2            5
g729                         ulaw                       yes                           no         no             1            1
g729                         ulaw                       yes                           no         yes            2            3

g729                         ulaw                       no                            yes        yes            2            5
g729                         ulaw                       no                            yes        no             2            5
g729                         ulaw                       no                            no         no             1            1
g729                         ulaw                       no                            no         yes            2            3

g729                         g729                       yes                           yes        yes            4            7
g729                         g729                       yes                           yes        no             3            7
g729                         g729                       yes                           no         no             1            1
g729                         g729                       yes                           no         yes            4            5

g729                         g729                       no                            yes        yes            4            7
g729                         g729                       no                            yes        no             3            7
g729                         g729                       no                            no         no             1            1
g729                         g729                       no                            no         yes            4            5

--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com

CfMC