[asterisk-users] echo & audio delay in SIP VOIP

mahendra mahendra_mahendra at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 16 03:19:24 CST 2012

Hello sir,

There is an echo problem in sip voip call. I think it is because of delay in
audio.

Let me try to explain you my system setup.

I have test asterisk on two different system.

System : 1>

OS                     :    Ubuntu(10.04)Lucid

System Type :    x64-based pc

Processor       :    Intel(R) Core i5 CPU M520 @ 2.40GHz

RAM                 :    4.00 GB

System : 2>

OS                     :    CentOS (5.7)

System Type :    x86-based pc

Processor       :    Intel(R) Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz

RAM                 :    1.00 GB

I use beetel magiq android tablet as video sip dialer.(
http://beetel.quasar.in/magiqII ), which is rebranded version of huawei
ideos S7 tablet
(http://www.huaweidevice.com/resource/mini/201008174756/ideos/products_s7.ht
ml)

I use D-link DIR-615 WIRELESS N 300 ROUTER
(http://www.dlink.co.in/products/?pid=349) as wireless access point.

I have try two android video softphone on my tablet.

1>     Voipswitch           :
http://voipswitch.com/en/products/softphones/mobile-softphones/softphone-for
-android/

2>     Linphone (1.2.2) :
http://www.linphone.org/eng/download/packages/android.html

* i also try both codec( G729 , G711)

* android tablets and asterisk server are connected in Local Area
Network(LAN).