[asterisk-users] odbc storage for video message

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Jan 13 10:04:52 CST 2012

----- Original Message -----

The first format specified in the format list is the 'primary' format the voicemails are stored in.  Some preference is given to the first format for certain operations.  With IMAP and ODBC backends, *only* the first format specified is used.

> And no video codec is sent from the phone, then the audio message is
> not stored in the database. I am getting the following warning:

> [Jan 13 15:14:17] VERBOSE[27656] app_voicemail.c: -- Recording was 0
> seconds long but needs to be at least 1 - abandoning

> Although the nessage deposited is of duration of around 10-15
> seconds.

Since no video was negotiated, nothing is recorded in the h263 file that voicemail attempts to create.  Hence the reason why the recording was dropped.  If you specify gsm as your first codec, you would (at least on the file system) record the voicemails.  However, you won't store the h263 file on the ODBC backend - the gsm file will be stored in the database.

As it is, storing video messages for either IMAP / ODBC backends in app_voicemail is going to run into similar problems, as the video / audio are stored in separate files.  This is a limitation of app_voicemail that has not been addressed - as it is, storing video related messages is best supported using the file system.