[asterisk-users] Most efficient way to send an HTTP GET from the dialplan with asterisk 1.8 and above) ? [SOLVED]

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 11:14:11 CST 2012

On Wednesday 11 January 2012, Olivier wrote:
> At the time I first wrote my question, libcurl4-openssl-dev was
> missing from my system so func_CURL was not available, which lead me
> check with wiki.asterisk.org.

It's *always* a -dev  (or -devel if you're into RPMs)  package missing.
Always!

Frankly, why distributions still insist to separate out "development" files in
2012 is a mystery to me.  Ubuntu especially have *no* excuse; user-
friendliness is supposed to be their USP, and compiling a package from Source
Code is something everyone has to do at some stage.

> Now, I added the missing library and I can see CURL function available.
> I will open a ticket to let concerned people know about the missing
> entry in wiki.asterisk.org

Isn't the point of a Wiki, so that anybody can edit it without raising a
support ticket?

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.