[asterisk-users] Best non polycom SIP conference room phone

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Jan 9 15:24:15 CST 2012

"Luke Hamburg" <luke at solvent-llc.com> writes:

> Carlos-
> Sorry if this is too much of a digression but this piqued my interest as
> I've been pretty happy with Polycom in my limited experience (haven't used
> the SPAs much, just Yealink & Polycom, and an occasional Snom here and
> there).   If the config files were not the issue for you, then what _were_
> the problems?

"A button has been pressed. Polycom must reboot for the change to take
effect. Reboot now (Y/N)?". Yes it's a recycled Windows joke, but it
applies much better to Polycom than it did to Windows. It is IMHO a bit
mean to use Polycom's in the Asterisk exam; the difficulty of passing
the exam is quite high if you haven't worked with them before. Pretty
much anything else is quicker to get to basic working state.

Of course, once you get provisioning working they are excellent phones.

/Benny