[asterisk-users] Anyone have a reliable T.38 Solution

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:49:25 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk>wrote:

> David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Thanks for clearing that up. I was getting all excited that I could
> > flash the PAP2T; I've always used regular voice tones over SIP with
> > the PAP2Ts.
>
> SPA-2102 supports T.38. If you ignore the WAN-port, it is practically a
> PAP2T. The only time you cannot ignore the WAN-port is when doing
> provisioning.

I ignore the LAN (yellow) port and only use the WAN (blue) port. The LAN
port has a DHCP server enabled by default. The WAN port is setup with a
DHCP client. The good thing about using the WAN port is if the settings are
cleared you won't have an unknown DHCP server on your network.

I plug a phone in and dial the below. Then you can configure the rest from
the web interface.

**** to enter admin ivr
7932 enter 1 to enable web interface
110 will read the WAN address