[asterisk-users] Anyone have a reliable T.38 Solution

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jan 4 17:22:25 CST 2012

On 01/04/2012 12:25 AM, Matt Darnell wrote:
> Aloha,
>
> We are looking to roll a solution that will have the following network layout:
>
> ISDN-PRI<-->  Asterisk<-->  T.38<-->  ATA<-->  Fax
>
> Does version 1.8 with the Digium fax driver have this capability?  I
> like 1.8 because it is a long term support version.
>
> What ATA's are people using?
>
> Any working solutions would be great!

What you are looking for is T.38 gateway mode (converting between T.30
over modems on a TDM circuit and T.38 over UDPTL), and the answer is no:
Asterisk 1.8 does not have T.38 gateway mode. Asterisk 10 does, and it
is supported using SpanDSP and res_fax_spandsp. It is not yet supported
by Digium's Fax for Asterisk commercial FAX module.

--
Kevin P. Fleming