[asterisk-users] Connecting to an Old Phone System

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Fri Jan 6 07:14:53 CST 2012

Hi,

This is not strictly an asterisk questions, but... ive got a client with an old digital pbx phone systems connected to an isdn30e line.

I've been shown a sip gateway that can connect to asterisk on one side, and also has an ISDN30e socket that the old phone system can connect to. But it's a bit pricey.

Is there such a thing as an ISDN30e PCI card which can be used with a copy of Asterisk, that can act like a voip gateway between the old phone system, and our asterisk box?
Or can anyone recommend a gateway that isn't too expensive?
They use 8 channels of the isdn30e

Many thanks
Dan

Dan Journo