[asterisk-users] Asterisk won't start - trap invalid opcode

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Wed Jan 4 18:27:46 CST 2012

On 5/01/2012, at 12:21 PM, James Cloos wrote:

> DT> I have a new install of asterisk 1.8.8.1 on ubuntu server
> DT> 3.0.0-14-server #23-Ubuntu SMP Mon Nov 21 20:49:05 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> DT> The only errors I can see are limited - I also stopped wan router and dahdi and I still get
> DT> ~# asterisk -cvvvvvvvvvv
> DT> Illegal instruction
>
> What does /proc/cpuinfo say?  (Just the first chunk is enough.)
>
> Try running asterisk is gdb:
>
>    :; gdb asterisk
>
>    (gdb) run -cvvvvvvvvvvddd
>
> When it dies, try:
>
>    (gdb) bt full
>
>    (gdb) disasemble /m
>
> You may also want to recompile asterisk after turing on:
>
>    DONT_OPTIMIZE
>    DEBUG_THREADS
Hi James

I think the DONT_OPTIMIZE flag made a difference, the system is not crashing anymore

I am going to test it, and see if its really back, the other detail looked fairly similar to the core dump output in previous emails but there wasn't anything I could easily discern

I will let you all know how it turns out - thanks everyone

Cheers Duncan