[asterisk-users] Asterisk won't start - trap invalid opcode

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Wed Jan 4 14:34:04 CST 2012

On 5/01/2012, at 8:06 AM, Steve Edwards wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012, A J Stiles wrote:
>
>> If you stick a /* harmless comment */ in this file and re-save it, this will
>> give the file a new modification time.  Then run `make` again.  It will
>> recompile just localtime.c  (this being the only source file that has changed
>> since the last time make was run)  -- now watch very closely for errors.
>
> The 'touch' command will update the file's access and modification times* without the risk of trashing something in the file.
>
> *) Command line parameters can select just the access or the modification time. The default is both.

Touch seemed safer but I didn't see any errors

:/usr/src/asterisk-1.6.2.22# make
   [CC] stdtime/localtime.c -> stdtime/localtime.o
   [LD] abstract_jb.o acl.o adsistub.o aescrypt.o aeskey.o aestab.o alaw.o app.o ast_expr2.o ast_expr2f.o asterisk.o astfd.o astmm.o astobj2.o audiohook.o autoservice.o bridging.o callerid.o cdr.o channel.o chanvars.o cli.o config.o cryptostub.o datastore.o db.o devicestate.o dial.o dns.o dnsmgr.o dsp.o enum.o event.o features.o file.o fixedjitterbuf.o frame.o fskmodem.o global_datastores.o hashtab.o heap.o http.o image.o indications.o io.o jitterbuf.o loader.o logger.o manager.o md5.o netsock.o pbx.o plc.o poll.o privacy.o rtp.o say.o sched.o sha1.o slinfactory.o srv.o ssl.o stdtime/localtime.o strcompat.o strings.o taskprocessor.o tcptls.o tdd.o term.o test.o threadstorage.o timing.o translate.o udptl.o ulaw.o utils.o version.o xml.o xmldoc.o editline/libedit.a db1-ast/libdb1.a -> asterisk
 +--------- Asterisk Build Complete ---------+
 + Asterisk has successfully been built, and +
 + can be installed by running:              +
 +                make install               +

I haven't found anything obvious in the debug stuff although I am not familiar enough to be sure

Thanks very much

Unless there is something obvious I am thinking I will revert to either an earlier OS or maybe 32 bit - although that seems excessive

Cheers Duncan