[asterisk-users] Same provider - IAX sounds bad, SIP sounds great

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed Feb 29 09:43:53 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com> wrote:
> Agreed with one exception, the endpoint behind the NAT DOES need to be setup
> correctly to keep the router from seeing inbound traffic to the device as
> unsolicited and drop it.  That is a function of the router but keep alives
> from Qualify on the Asterisk side, and setting the device to register every
> few minutes will keep that mapping open and alive, letting traffic pass as
> solicited.

We use qualify=yes on Asterisk and a few months ago turned OFF the
keep-alive feature on all SIP clients on our entire system.  This is
working fine, and we did it because of a strange bug/behavior with
certain versions of Cisco SPA series firmware.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve