[asterisk-users] Where can I find some good examples of listening to AMI events via PHP & how to listen to a specific event?

Ast Coder asteriskcoding at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:33:52 CST 2012

Thanks Virendra,

That was a good start but not quite what I am looking for. I want to know
the details of listening to a specific event rather than listening to all.

My questions specifically is regarding the Manager command "originate". I
just used it to dial an extension first and then dialling a PSTN number
after which both of them bridge. By the time I hangup the call there is 48
events generated, NONE of which includes the ActionID I specified in my
originate command. So, how am I going to track this with the events
generated? There is a uniqueid but that's not useful to me because it's
generated after I do the dial and it's system generated.

Here is how I started the call:
*
http://192.168.0.2:8088/asterisk/rawman?action=originate&actionid=MyTestID5555&channel=SIP/MyITSP/14156667777&context=from-internal&exten=100&priority=1&timeout=30000&callerid=4154445555
*<http://192.168.20.174:8088/asterisk/rawman?action=originate&actionid=696969&channel=SIP/4164794309-out/14166356574&context=from-internal&exten=9999&priority=1&timeout=30000&callerid=4164445555>

As you can see I set ActionID = MyTestID5555 but that is not showing in any
of the events generated.

The response back in originate command is simply:

*Response: Success
ActionID: MyTestID5555
Message: Originate successfully queued*

Based on above response and the following events generated, I am
handicapped.

What is the right way to listen to events and track them?

Thanks