[asterisk-users] "conferenced" transfers

Phil Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Wed Feb 22 16:20:16 CST 2012

On Feb 21, 2012, at 17:01 , Phil Frost wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2012, at 17:13 , isrlgb at gmail.com wrote:
>> On the snom too
>> Create a conferance and then press the transfer button. That will join the parties and release the receptionist
>

> Hmm...You can do that with just hitting the transfer button, or is there more? I'm using a Snom 870 with firmware 8.4.35. I set up the conference, but when I hit transfer, it presents me with a "transfer party" dialog. It's a bit confusing, because it's not really clear which party is being transferred. Are you using a different phone or firmware? Maybe there's a setting somewhere?

Well, I happened to figure it out. On the Snom 870, when you have the conference going, both parties are in the context area. Drag one and drop it on the other and bam, they are connected, and now you can hang up while they continue to talk.

Pretty obvious once you figure it out, but rather unconventional, and not documented anywhere best I can tell.