[asterisk-users] Is there any way to make call fail after # of rings?

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Fri Feb 17 03:13:50 CST 2012

Simply, without checking for BUSY, DND or TIMEOUT
I'm assuming each ring period is 3 seconds.

exten => 8512,1,Dial(SIP/8512,15)
exten => 8512,n,Dial(DAHDI/GO/101233456,15)

Or another way.

Maybe the FollowMe application, allow multiple numbers to be tried, each
after a configured timeout.

from followme.conf

[default]
musicclass=>default
; The moh class that should be used for the caller while they are waiting to
be connected.
context=>default
; The context to dial the numbers from
number=>01233456,25
; The a follow-me number to call. The format is:
; number=> <number to call[&2nd #[&3rd #]]> [, <timeout value in seconds> [,
<order in follow-m
   Numebr

Thus followme
number=>8512,15      ; try local extension for 15 seconds
number=>101233456,15 ; then try outside number for 15

Alec